Please see announcement of the 2022 SNF Final Payment Rule. AHCA and NYSHFA will provide an-in depth review of the Rule early next week.
Today, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued the final rule for the skilled nursing facility (SNF) prospective payment system (PPS) fiscal year (FY) 2022 update. We are still analyzing the rule, but upon initial review, highlights are:
- Market Basket update is 1.2 percent based upon updated data resulting in $411 billion in additional SNF funds in FY 2023.
- CMS will not implement any PDPM payment model parity adjustment in FY 2022. After consideration of stakeholder feedback, the agency determined that there is currently inadequate data. This issue and whether there will be any delay or phase in necessary will be revisited in next year’s FY 2023 proposed rule.
- SNF QRP: CMS finalized the following measure changes as proposed.
- New: SNF Healthcare-Associated Infections Requiring Hospitalization Quality Measure Beginning with the FY 2023 SNF QRP.
- New: COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel Measure Beginning with the FY 2023 SNF QRP.
- Revised: Transfer of Health Information to the Patient – Post-Acute Care Measure Beginning with the FY 2023 SNF QRP.
- SNF VBP: CMS finalized the updated VBP policies as proposed.
- SNFs with a low-volume (<25 eligible stays) in FY 2020 will receive no payment adjustment, while all others will receive a 0.8 percent payment reduction.
AHCA/NCAL will conduct a more in-depth review and share any further details and/or resources to assist members in the coming days.
Until then, if you have any questions, please contact Mike Cheek.
Carl J. Pucci
Chief Financial Officer