As you know, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued the FY 2023 SNF Proposed Payment Rule last month. The proposed rule provides for a net market basket increase for SNFs of 3.9 percent beginning October 1, 2022. It also includes a proposed parity adjustment of 4.6 percent. (This parity adjustment is a 4.6 percent cut.)
We need your help submitting comments to CMS on the proposed payment rule.
It’s easy and takes only a few minutes to provide the requested contact information and follow the suggested points to create an email submission through AHCA/NCAL’s voter voice portal. Key messages include:
- Talk about your facility, who you take care of (the types of patients), and why you do it.
- Ask for the parity adjustment to be phased-in over 3 years. This is critical to emphasize up-front in the comments.
- Explain your reasons for requesting the phase-in.
- Explain from your own perspective how a reduction will impact patient care.
- Explain the impact of the workforce shortage; include details on how your residents are impacted.
- The more personalized you can make your comment, the better. Use your own circumstances and your own examples to drive home your message.
If you submit your comment directly to Regulations.gov, please email AHCA/NCAL so we can track how many comments have been submitted. Please also feel free to reach out with any questions, and be sure to view the recent AHCA/NCAL webinar on submitting comments to CMS for the payment rule.
The comment deadline is June 10, 2022, at 5 PM Eastern.
Thank you for everything you do. I am certain that with a strong effort, we can continue to improve lives and deliver solutions for quality care.
Lisa Volk, RN, B.P.S., LNHA
Director, Clinical & Quality Services
Tarrah Quinlan, RN, BSN
Director of Education Program Development and Member Operations