The Office of Health Insurance Programs of the New York State Department of Health has approved the release of the December 2020 Medicaid Update. Please find the new and improved, interactive issue as a PDF (Portable Document Format) file available to be downloaded at: https://health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/program/update/2020/docs/mu_no18_dec20.pdf. A printer-friendly version is also available on the Medicaid Update web page.
You may also go straight to an article or topic that pertains to you by selecting from the current issue’s table of contents below.
Policy and Billing
- Changes to Fee-for-Service Durable Medical Equipment Policy for Wheeled Mobility Guidelines and Criteria (Cover)
- Submission Guidance for Fee-for-Service Claims with Third Party Liability (Medicare or Other Insurance)
- Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19 by Sharing the New COVID Alert NY App
- Medicaid Consumer Fact Sheets Now Available
- NY State of Health Open Enrollment – There is Still Time to Get New Yorkers Enrolled in 2021 Coverage
- Attention Ambulance Services: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Emergency Triage, Treat, and Transport (ET3) Model
- Convenient Healthcare Links Available on eMedNY Website
- Reminder: Sign Up for eMedNY Training Webinars
- Reminder: Fee-for-Service Early Refill Guidance to Pharmacies During the Continued Disaster Emergency for COVID-19
- Compound Policy: A Reminder and Clarification
REMINDER: Please notify us immediately if your e-mail address changes so that we may continue to keep you updated on current Medicaid policy guidelines and bulletins. It is the responsibility of each provider to alert Medicaid of any address or e-mail changes as soon as they occur. Please send your new information to MedicaidUpdate@health.ny.gov. We thank you for your continued feedback.
Carl J. Pucci
Chief Financial Officer